Nutanix Move (Move) is a cross-hypervisor mobility solution to move VMs with minimal downtime. Move helps streamline ‘lift-and-shift’ virtual machine (VM) migrations to a Nutanix Enterprise Cloud. Move provides:
- Streamlined migrations with one-click simplicity
- Near-zero downtime with full cutover control
- Simple test migrations and roll-back capabilities
- Cost efficient included with all Nutanix software editions
Move supports migration from the following sources to targets, where first platform being the source and second platform being the target.
- VMware ESXi to Nutanix AHV
- VMware ESXi on legacy infrastructure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Microsoft Hyper-V to Nutanix AHV
- Microsoft Hyper-V to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- AWS EC2 to Nutanix AHV
- AWS EC2 to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
- Nutanix AHV to AWS EC2
- Microsoft Azure to Nutanix AHV
- Microsoft Azure to VMware ESXi on Nutanix
This document covers APIs that are available in Move-4.1.0.
Note: Since the infrastructure underneath is completely different, a small downtime is incurred during cutover from any of the above sources to targets.